The most commonly used operating system these days and has been ever since computers were invented was Microsoft Windows. As we would like to refer to it as the every user operating system in that both tech experts and normal users use it more than any other operating system (Mac, Linux, etc.). Now since Windows is the operating system they use when browsing the internet and as much the internet is a gateway to unlimited information and services, it is also a gateway for unwanted parties to monitor you and steal any personal information you send through the internet. Here is why all users should use a reliable VPN service to keep their general browsing and personal information safe and private. However, not all VPNs for Windows are reliable enough, so we need to take a look at the best VPNs for Windows users so that you can choose the most suitable one for you.
Almost all VPN services are compatible with Windows. Yet, it’s not only about compatibility. Since the main purpose of a VPN service is your protection, then it has to be extremely reliable and trust worthy. We have looked through countless VPN clients and filtered out the top 4 when it comes to VPNs for Windows.
When focusing on compatibility with Windows, IPVanish is a name that certainly comes on top. Now, when looking passed the compatibility and moving on to reliability, this VPN is packed with advantages making it one of the best VPNs for Windows. Here is why.
- The interface for their Windows app is extremely user-friendly and very simple to use.
- Their server network consists of over 750 servers spread across more than 60 countries. These servers provide over 40,000 shared IP’s to guarantee complete ghosting of the identity of its users.
- One of the best VPN apps that supports torrents and other P2P traffic.
- Provides extremely high download speeds
- They have a very strict no logs policy to keep your browsing usage and information completely private.
- IPVanish supports all the latest and most advanced protocols (OpenVPN over UDP, TCP, L2TP/IPSec) to ensure complete secrecy while browsing the internet and especially when sending confident personal information.
- They provide a 7-day money back guarantee so that paying for this service is completely risk-free.
Even though IPVanish can be a bit costly compared to its competitors, yet, you can’t put a price on this level of privacy, safety, and reliability. Especially, when you’re choosing between the best VPNs for Windows.
ExpressVPN has always been a top consideration when it comes to all purposes of a great VPN and especially when it comes to VPNs for Windows. It has been a top rated VPN service for a lot of users, and the reasons come as no surprise. It has definitely got it all.
- Their Windows app is extremely user-friendly and is as simple as “click and go”.
- Their massive network of servers spreads across 145 cities in 94 countries, which means numerous choices of servers and close to unlimited dedicated IP’s. This definitely comes in handy when protecting the privacy of your identity.
- Like all the top rated VPNs, ExpressVPN app for Windows supports all the advanced, military level, encryption protocols (OpenVPN over UDP, TCP, L2TP, PPTP). This means guaranteed full on security and privacy of your information and browsing activities. Their networks are SSL secured with a 256-bit AES encryption to further secure your internet experience.
- They are very open when it comes to their logs policy, as they transparently inform you about which information they keep for internal purposes, and none of this information can give away your identity. Again, very reliable feature.
- They offer a 30-day money back guarantee. Yes, this is how confident they are about their service.
The above features and many more are the reason why ExpressVPN is one of the most recommended VPNs for Windows. It is definitely a considerable choice.
VyprVPN is always mentioned along with the big names in VPNs for Windows. One of the reasons is that it is already owned by the internet beast, Golden Frog. Yet, this not the only reason, as VyprVPN always met our expectations when it comes to features and reliability. It definitely deserves to be in this place due to the following features and many more.
- They have one of the simplest, most user-friendly interfaces when it comes to their Windows app.
- They are located in Switzerland, which on its own, is known for its internet privacy advocacy. In addition to that they own a network of over 700 servers spread across over 70 worldwide locations in 6 continents. This helps them provide their users with more than 200,000 global IP’s. This means guaranteed IP shadowing and almost no geo-restrictions ever.
- As expected, when it comes to encryption, their app supports the most advanced protocols (OpenVPN, L2TP/IPSec, PPTP, and their very own Chameleon). Can it get any more secure than that?
- To ensure complete privacy when it comes to logs, VyperVPN own their own servers 100% and through it, provide their own zero-knowledge VyprDNS service to further secure your internet activities. So it can definitely be considered a very close to no logs policy.
- Finally, they offer a 30-day money back guarantee to provide its users with a risk-free investment.
There is not much more that can be said about this spectacular VPN service provider except that it is an extremely trust worthy option to consider when picking out reliable VPNs for Windows.
Our last VPN on the list, but definitely not the least, is this great VPN provider. This is due to many reasons. A, very worthy to mention, fact is that they are located in Hungary which is one of the very few good locations for a VPN provider when it comes to government monitoring. Now let’s look at the other features when it comes to it being one of the highly preferred VPNs for Windows.
- The Windows app is pretty straight forward, easy to install and use.
- They provide their service through a network of servers spread across 37 countries around the world and they are continuously expanding.
- They don’t hold back when it comes to encryption protocols supported by their app. They use the most advanced protocols in the market (OpenVPN) to ensure total privacy.
- Buffered VPN have a strict no logs policy which they clearly state. This means all your internet activities are kept in your knowledge only.
These guys have definitely come a long way since they started and that clearly shows dedication to providing its users with a top of the line service. They are considered a very reliable name between VPNs for Windows.
As discussed above, almost all VPN service providers work with Windows. However, finding a reliable one, that’s the challenge. This is why when choosing the best VPNs for Windows, you must consider the features we discussed and compare them carefully. So choose the suitable service for you and stay safe out there.